Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is helping moms, dads and students everywhere make the honor roll when it comes to saving time and money on back-to-school preparations. Whether preparing for college or kindergarten, students will find the gear they need for less at Dollar General.
“Dollar General makes back-to-school shopping enjoyable and inexpensive for families,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s EVP, division president and chief merchandising officer. “Special bargains are available through Sept. 15, so shoppers can get everything they need in one trip or spread their back-to-school budget over the next couple of months. We make it convenient, regardless of how you like to shop.”
School Day Essentials
Savings on essentials include:
- Playskool® crayons (24-count) or jumbo crayons (8-count) – $1
- Multi-pack gel pens, fashion mechanical pencils, mini permanent markers – $1
- Portfolio or notebook, assorted styles – $1
- Trueliving™ mirror wall decals, locker mirror, locker mesh organizer – $1 - $2
- Lunch bags, assorted styles – $6
- Boys’ or girls’ backpack or messenger bag – $8
Dorm Room Basics
College students will want to shop Dollar General for dorm room décor and necessities, all at great prices.
- Fleece throw – $5
- Plastic storage containers – $1 - $10
- Bath towel – $3
- Sharp® alarm clocks – $3 - $6
- Comfort Bay® twin sheet set – $12
- Basic office supplies – $1
Shop in Stores or Online
Customers have access to Dollar General’s back-to-school bargains 24-hours a day at www.dollargeneral.com. The retailer’s website offers an extensive selection of school supplies, dorm essentials, lunchbox basics and more.
For more back-to-school savings at Dollar General, text BTS to 34898 or sign-up to receive coupons and special deals via e-mail at www.dollargeneral.com in the coupon center.
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 70 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!(R) by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations. With more than 10,000 stores in 40 states, Dollar General has more retail locations than any retailer in America. In addition to high quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Kellogg's, General Mills, Nabisco, Hanes, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola. Follow Dollar General:
- Online: www.dollargeneral.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dollargeneral
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/DollarGeneral
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/dollargeneral
- Mobile phone: http://www.2dollargeneral.com/DGMobile
Tawn Earnest, 615-855-5209
Emily Weiss, 615-855-5210