SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/12/15 -- Sage (LSE: SGE.L) and Salesforce (NYSE: CRM) today announced they have forged a strategic partnership, bringing together a world leader in small business accounting and payroll solutions with the world's #1 CRM solution and enterprise cloud platform. With this partnership, Sage has built a new solution called Sage Life on the Salesforce1 Platform, the world's #1 enterprise Platform as a Service [PaaS], which enables small businesses to run completely in the cloud.
Today, the average small business has between four and eight software systems to run the company(1), creating complexity and hindering their ability to gain a single view of customer, employee, and supplier information. Optimized for mobile and social, Sage Life will empower small companies to connect their customer, accounting, payroll and finance data into one system, accessible from any device, anywhere.
Sage Life is fully customizable, cloud based and can be used on any device, from smartphones to smart watches and from tablets to the desktop. With its mobile control center, employees can view data in real time and react as one team. With social networking at its core, Sage Life allows seamless interconnections between colleagues, customers, partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
Comments on the News
- "Together with Salesforce, Sage is shaping the future of small business. Small business software no longer has to represent different systems or layers of complexity -- it'll be simple, collaborative, and real time. With Sage Life, we are delivering social, mobile, cloud-based innovation, powered by real-time accounting. Now running a small business can be as easy as updating your Facebook status," said Stephen Kelly, CEO of Sage.
- "I'm excited about the opportunity this partnership creates for our customers," said Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO, Salesforce. "Together, Sage and Salesforce are empowering fast growing companies to run their businesses on the world's #1 enterprise cloud platform."
The Salesforce1 Platform, the world's #1 enterprise PaaS, provides the capabilities companies and developers need to build great apps that are instantly social, mobile and connected. Our customers have built more than 4 million apps on the Salesforce1 Platform. More than 2 million developers are creating apps on the Salesforce1 Platform, and the Salesforce AppExchange hosts 2,700 enterprise apps that integrate with Salesforce. AppExchange apps have been installed more than 3 million times worldwide.
Sage is committed to supporting small businesses the world over, as well as the communities they serve. As part of the partnership, Sage, already an established leader in corporate philanthropy has also joined Pledge 1%, a philanthropic movement based on Salesforce's 1-1-1 model.
- Learn more about Sage Life: http://www.sage.com
- Learn more about the Salesforce1 Platform: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/overview/
- Learn more about Pledge 1%: http://www.pledge1percent.org/
Connect with Sage and Salesforce
- Like Sage on Facebook: facebook.com/Sage
- Follow Sage on Twitter: @SageNAmerica
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow Salesforce on Twitter: @salesforce
(1) Source: Sage Internal Data
Sage energizes the success of businesses and their communities around the world through the use of smart technology and the imagination of our people. We are reimagining the business of doing business and bring energy, experience and technology to inspire our customers to fulfill their dreams. We work with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, accountants, partners, developers and 3rd party service providers who drive the global economy. From social accounting apps to enterprise-class software, millions of businesses use Sage to transform the way they work. We are a FTSE 100 company with 13,000 employees in 23 countries. For more information, visit www.sage.com.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's No. 1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit www.salesforce.com or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2015 Sage Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Sage, the Sage logos, and the Sage product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sage Software, Inc. or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.