The brand of thoughtful essentials for baby and toddlers expands with first-ever collection for moms
Little Planet by Carter’s, the innovative brand from Carter’s, Inc. (NYSE: CRI), announces its expansion into womenswear with its first-ever Little Planet Mama Collection. Designed as a capsule wardrobe for every stage of motherhood, the collection was created to be worn during pregnancy and beyond. The Little Planet brand, which re-launched in 2021 and extended into toddler sizing in 2022, continues to grow to meet families wherever they are in their parenting journey.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230314006037/en/
Little Planet by Carter’s Mama Collection, image courtesy of Carter’s
Developed with moms in mind, the Mama Collection includes versatile pieces made to live in throughout every phase of motherhood. Each style was created to be comfortable for expectant moms, suitable for postpartum, and nursing-friendly with functional features like pockets, snaps, and front buttons. Inspired by Little Planet’s signature evergreen palettes and timeless aesthetic, the thoughtfully designed, classic pieces pair core fabrics like soft gauze and ribbed cotton with subtle patterns like classic stripes and wildflower florals. Each item coordinates with the brand’s baby and toddler collection, offering the perfect matching moment for moms and their little ones.
“We celebrate moms in every stage of parenting, which is why we created a collection that goes beyond traditional maternity wear and focuses on classic pieces designed to be worn while pregnant, and after,” said Carrie Andersen, Vice President of Merchandising for Little Planet by Carter’s. “The Little Planet Mama capsule wardrobe offers timeless essentials to last from one little one to the next.”
The first edition of the Little Planet Mama collection includes an assortment of classic, everyday apparel for moms ranging in size from XS - XXL. The core collection includes:
- Midi Shirtdress – Textured cotton gauze dress is the perfect fit for anytime. Convertible piece made to be worn as a dress, beach summer layer, and more
- Day Out Jumpsuit –The soft cotton gauze button-front jumpsuit makes getting ready easy for mom, with a great matching moment with baby
- Wildflower Dress – Nursing-friendly style in textured cotton gauze is meant to last through maternity, feeding and after
- Do-It-All Jumpsuit – This classic, soft French terry knit is made with simple feeding access and pockets for pacifiers and more
- Nesting Lounge Pants – A simple, practical pant in textured cotton gauze with an elastic, smocked waist that can be worn above, below, or mid-bump
- Essential Tee – Super soft, ribbed cotton tee in a maternity-friendly style that stretches to accommodate a growing bump
- Loose-Fit Tee – Roomy, high-low style in super soft cotton pairs perfectly with moms’ favorite leggings
- Nightgown – Stretchy ribbed cotton nightgown with front snaps for easy nursing access no matter the time of night
The Little Planet Mama collection is available online at ShopLittlePlanet.com and priced from $27 - $80 MSRP and expected to grow with new pieces added later this Fall. Stay tuned for more information from Little Planet and Carter’s by following @LittlePlanet and @Carters on Instagram and TikTok.
About Carter’s, Inc.
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkosh.com, www.cartersoshkosh.ca, and www.carters.com.mx. The Company’s Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, its Just One You brand is available at Target, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Little Planet, a brand focused on organic fabrics and sustainable materials, and Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
Senior Director, Public Affairs