- McEwen Mining, a diversified gold and silver producer with operations in the Americas, owns 52% of McEwen Copper and its Los Azules Project in San Juan, Argentina
- McEwen Copper has reported initial exploration and solid delineation results that have similarities to world class porphyry copper deposits in Chile and Peru
- Exploration results (AZ22174) include 1,052 m of continuous copper mineralization to the end of the hole implying extensions of the deposit to the north and at depth
- Delineation results (AZ23191) revealed copper continuity in the core of the deposit, with some of the highest grades reported to date
- McEwen Copper will release an update of results from its extensive drill program of more than 25,000 m in 75 new holes in the near future
McEwen Copper, the base metal developer 52% owned by McEwen Mining (NYSE: MUX) (TSX: MUX), recently reported infill and step-out exploration drilling results at its 100%-owned Los Azules Project in Argentina. Los Azules, a large porphyry copper-gold-silver deposit with considerable growth potential, has many characteristics comparable to world-class deposits in South America. Interestingly, while its ultimate depth and lateral extent are unknown, the project is already ranked as the world’s 9th largest undeveloped copper project (https://ibn.fm/7ettb).
The reported assay results include one drill hole from exploration and one from the delineation. The exploration program targets increasing known mineralization further to the north and at depth. The delineation program seeks to reduce geological and resource modelling risk prior to…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to MUX are available in the company’s newsroom at http://ibn.fm/MUX
MiningNewsWire (MNW) is a specialized communications platform focused on developments and opportunities in the global resources sector. The company provides (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to millions of social media followers, and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, MNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, MNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. MNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from MiningNewsWire, text “BigHole” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.miningnewswire.com
MiningNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.