Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/vegetable-noodle-and-chicken-pasta
Looking for a great quick and delicious weeknight meal? This vegetable noodle pasta with pan-roasted chicken in a delicious buttery garlic sauce is the perfect recipe for you and your family!
The school year is right around the corner which means I’m starting to look for easy delicious recipes for my family. We’re also trying to be conscious of all the carbs since we’re Italian and bread seems to be in every meal. This vegetable noodle pasta was not only extremely flavorful, but it also helped us to forget that we weren’t eating regular pasta.
To make vegetable noodles you absolutely need a spiralizer, and GoodCook has a great one. It has suction cups, which help stabilize the spiralizer so that it does not move when using it. It also comes with a few different blades which allow you to have thinner spiralized noodles or even ribbons. It’s incredibly easy to use and a must-have for this recipe.
The main vegetables to use for this recipe are zucchini and yellow squash but you can also use carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, or even onions if you want a little zip to your pasta.
Prep to Plate in Under 30 Minutes!
Mise en place is one of the first words you learn in culinary school and it means everything in its place. It’s essentially the food prep that is done so that cooking it is easy. I do this for every recipe. I prep everything up, then I cook. Once the noodles are done you will need to finely mince up some garlic. I actually stopped chopping garlic long ago because it was tedious, so a huge thanks for this goes to the garlic press from GoodCook. With its unique skin removal platform, getting the clove from the peelings is now even easier. From there simply run it through the press and you are good to go.
When everything is prepped up you can now begin cooking. You start by pan roasting the seasoned chicken breasts until they are cooked throughout, and then you simply remove them add the vegetables to that same pan and cook for just a few minutes. One of the best things about this recipe is that it is a 1 pan recipe so clean-up is a breeze.
I finished off the pasta with a little chicken stock, butter, salt, and pepper. In addition to these, you could absolutely add in some of your favorite cheeses to help take it to another level.? Once everything is done, simply plate it up and finish with a little chopped fresh basil which was made easy with the GoodCook Herb Mincer.
This low-carb veggie pasta is fantastic and comes together in under 30 minutes making it the perfect back-to-school meal!
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Medium
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Type: Dinner
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 green zucchini, ends removed
- 1 yellow squash, ends removed
- 1 peeled sweet potato
- 2 6-8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves pressed in the GoodCook garlic press
- 1 seeded julienne red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons roughly minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using the GoodCook Vegetable spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini, squash, and sweet potato transfer the vegetable noodles to a bowl, and submerge in cold water to keep crisp. Set aside.
- Next, season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to lightly smoke add in the chicken breasts and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until browned and cooked throughout. Rest for 3 to 4 minutes on a cutting board before slicing.
- Set the cooked chicken aside on a plate add the minced garlic and julienne bell peppers to the pan and saute for 1 to 2 minutes before adding in the drained vegetable noodles.
- Cook over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes tossing around frequently with a spoon or tongs.
- Add in chicken stock, butter, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
- To Plate: Place the vegetables in a large serving bowl and top off with the sliced chicken and minced basil.