Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/one-pot-chicken-bacon-alfredo-pasta
Have you yet discovered One-Pot Pastas? A brilliantly simple idea, simply toss everything into a pot and boil. 15 minutes later, you’ll have al dente pasta ready to eat, with a delicious makes-it’s-own-sauce. No straining, no draining. Just toss, boil and enjoy! The most common style of One Pot meals is basic marinara. Tomatoes, garlic, and basil become fresh-tasting spaghetti. But, we saw so many more options with this idea. So, whip up a delicious Chicken Alfredo. With this insanely easy recipe, you don’t have to create a finicky roux for the sauce. You don’t have to stand over a pot, whisking constantly to keep clumps from forming. You simply toss, boil, stir several times, then grab a fork and enjoy! Check out just how easy it is to make this incredible recipe.
Though we used a 6 oz bag of precooked chicken for our batch, there are a variety of ingredient options and shortcuts you can use at home.
- Garlic. Fresh or canned. We went with canned garlic which was “minced in olive oil” for convenience, but fresh minced garlic works, as well. Alternately, 1/2 a chopped scallion also tastes great!
- Pasta. Any style. We used fettuccine, but any shape of pasta works. Or, if your family prefers it, go gluten-free! Any kind of pasta that cooks in 12-15 minutes is fair game here.
- Cheese.Parmesan, Italian, Romano. There’s a lot of wiggle room when it comes to the right cheeses to use in this recipe. Any kind of Italian cheese or Italian blend will taste great. Shredded fresh parmesan gives the most authentic flavor, but if you’re looking to save a few pennies, grated parmesan works, too. If using, half the amount of cheese called for in the recipe and stir it in just before serving for best flavor.
- Chicken.Grilled, shredded, or diced. Any kind of precooked chicken is perfect. Use leftover grilled chicken, repurpose a rotisserie, or cook up a batch of chicken in your skillet before tossing in the ingredients. Canned chicken can also work, but the flavor will be slightly different–a little more mild with a more hearty, shredded texture in each bite.
The Perfect One-Pot Pan
For this recipe, we used the Good Cook 11″ Deep Saute Pan with Lid. Wide enough to fit whole noodles without breaking, one batch of this pasta (which feeds four) cooked up perfectly in this pan. The liquids didn’t boil over the deep edges, the cover kept splatters from happening as the noodles cooked and the final cooked pasta filled the interior nicely. Sleek black, with simple lines, this pan also looks great on your table. Just pop a Pasta Fork in and serve straight from the pan. One-Pot Alfredo! This creamy pasta is full of so many great flavors. Quick and simple, perfect for weeknight eating, serve this one for dinner anytime. If you prefer a more saucy pasta, add 1/2-1 cup more broth.
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Low
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Type: Main Dishes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Bookmark itPrint recipeIngredients
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced or cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Place pasta, chicken, garlic, parmesan cheese, cream, and broth in an 11″ saute pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently until pasta is tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in bacon, garnish with parsley. Enjoy